If you are an experienced financial advisor, wealth manager, financial planner, life insurance specialist, or retirement plan consultant who has experience or expertise in our areas of focus and who possesses a genuine interest in a career in a boutique environment.
Please submit your resume with a cover letter to us at:
No phone calls, please.
Locations: Melville, NY
Marcum Financial Services is seeking a part-time Financial Services Assistant to support the firm's administrative functions.
- Administrative tasks: filing, mailings, working in the firm's systems, scanning
- Data entry
- Client communication
- Additional duties and special projects as assigned.
- Available to work 20 hours per week
- Interest in financial services
- Demonstrated success working with detailed information requiring precision and accuracy, and managing and prioritizing multiple tasks
- Demonstrated discretion and ability to work with confidential information required
- Must have exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective Microsoft office kills with strong Excel skills
Locations: Chicago, IL
At Marcum Financial Services LLC, we commit our energies, intellect and experience in helping to attain the financial goals of our clients by providing the highest level of service and delivering high quality investment alternatives.
As a financial advisor, you will acquire and deepen relationships with clients by providing comprehensive financial planning and advice to help individuals and families pursue their financial goals. Working one-on-one with clients, our advisors develop individually tailored financial plans comprised of personalized investment and insurance products and services. Advisors provide ongoing assistance by offering services to help clients accumulate wealth and safeguard their assets. Marcum Financial Services LLC is an independent firm. Securities offered through Raymond James Financial Services, Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Evaluate clients' financial needs, current holdings and available investment capital to help them identify their investment objectives
- Monitor client portfolios and make recommendations consistent with changes in economic and financial conditions as well as the client's needs and objectives
- Analyze, draft and implement comprehensive financial and investment plans to help meet client objectives
- Identify and develop new business through existing and potential clients
- Open, transfer and close customer accounts and maintain appropriate account records
- Stay current and informed of new investment products and market trends
- Participate in training and development to continually improve the ability to provide the best advice and service for clients
2-3 years of prior sales experience in the financial services industry
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices and the financial markets,
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred; a Master's degree or other related professional certification a plus
- Series 7
- Series 66 or equivalent
- Life, Health and Variable Annuity license or ability to obtain within three (3) months
- Previous production minimum of $300,000 or assets under management of $30,000,000 preferred
- Clean CRD/U4 record
- Knowledge of technology and software planning tools to analyze and report financial data.
- MS Excel, Word and Outlook proficiency to read, interpret and send documents.
- Prepares and delivers clear, effective and professional presentations.
- Effective listening and questioning techniques to identify clients' needs.
- Use mathematics sufficiently to analyze numerical data, ratios among percentages and rates of change in trend analysis.
- Productive networking and prospecting in the community
- Verbal communication skills to communicate ideas and thoughts in a clear, professional manner.
- Operates standard office equipment and uses required software applications to produce correspondence and electronic communications.
- Leadership and training skills to direct the work of administrative employees (as applicable).
- Demonstrates excellent work ethic
- Climate controlled office environment during normal business hours.
Locations: Irvine, CA, Melville, NY and Philadelphia, PA
There's a lot to think about when it comes to launching your financial planning career. At Marcum Financial Services (MFS), we offer you a world of opportunity, a highly competitive salary, exceptional benefits, flexible work options, and industry-leading technology, all within an environment that values your contributions and supports your professional growth.
MFS is a member of The Marcum Group, which is led by Marcum LLP is one of the largest independent public accounting and advisory services firms in the nation.
As a MFS team member, you'll receive a benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and transit benefits, as well as paid time off, a 401(k)plan with an employer contribution and a profit sharing plan.
The Junior Sales Advisor is a sales assistant role that combines aspects of business development, sales, marketing, and financial planning. The candidate will possess the following skill sets: marketing knowledge, strategy experience, proposal management, sales experience, training experience and network experience. The ideal candidate is a high-energy "people person" with excellent interpersonal communication skills; he/she is a detail-oriented and well-organized individual who enjoys working in a team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Define, refine and implement a business development strategy to generate opportunities with targeted prospects through activities including cold calling, business community outreach, referral development, and lead generation programs
- Additional strategic planning activities include primary research, industry/market competitive analysis and client needs assessment
- Maintain a detailed pipeline of prospects as well as the firms CRM system and conducts follow-up calls and activity, proactively and as required
- Manage the sales process and drives revenue generation by identifying, meeting and qualifying leads, building solid relationships and working with the financial advisors to qualify and help pursue business opportunities and attain sales quotes
- Transition closed engagements to the appropriate, assigned advisor and provides all relevant billing information to the registered client associate
- Actively participate in network organizations, associations, etc.
- Support firm marketing efforts including firm branding and business community awareness efforts, including web presence and collateral material
- Provide content for new business proposals as it pertains to terms and conditions, engagement service, etc. and participates in the delivery/presentation of the proposal to the prospect
- Track status and outcome of all proposals in CRM tool, specifically reasons for lost proposals
- Respond to requests for information from prospects with appropriate information
- Manage alliance development: identify, build, and manage long-term relationships with strategic partners/clients
- Identify and evaluate specific business opportunities with existing clients
- Provide a bi-monthly recap of business development and sales activity
- Perform other special projects as assigned
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Experience in marketing, business development and sales functions
- Strong leadership, training and mentoring skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs and CRM (Smartoffice or Microsoft)
- Education & Licenses: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or other Related Service Industry highly preferred; FINRA Series 7 and Series 63 required
- 2+ years of business development/sales experience in the accounting, financial services, insurance, professional services, business advisory services and/or banking industries. Financial Services or Insurance firm experience highly desired.
- Previous production minimum of $100,000 or assets under management of $10,000,000 preferred
- Business Acumen – ability to understand and communicate Marcum Financial Services and Raymond James Financial Services' business, marketplace and value proposition
- Self-motivated with strong and positive work ethic/mentality